About Jorge A. Cortés
Hi, I'm Jorge A. Cortés. Industrial engineer focused in R&D of electronic products, specialized in embedded software and firmware. I'm centered in helping OEMs design and develop their cutting-edge electronic products. My passion is understanding and discovering new technologies and its applications.
- cortesja.com - My homepage. Articles about technology, electronics and software.
- Oravatec - Project for spreading knowledge about electronic product development (in spanish).
- Takeminutes - Webapp for taking collaborative meeting minutes. Under development.
- jorgeacortes.com - Personal blog in spanish talking about technology, engineering, software and other topics.
- Open source software - My contributions in Github.
I currently work at Technica Engineering in Barcelona developing embedded software for state of the art automotive network testing products and proof of concepts for automotive technologies.
Before that I have:
- Cofounded an electronics R&D agency for industrial and consumer markets.
- Helped tens of companies to design and develop their electronic products from concept to manufacturing using multiple technologies for industrial and consumer markets.
- Designed, developed and deployed a global IOT hardware and software platform for an industrial crane brakes OEM.
- Designed and developed manufacturing embedded software and help define manufacturing test stations for Volkswagen Group Tier1 ADAS ECUs.
- Being software architect for a Volkswagen Group Tier1 ADAS ECU.
You can follow me on Twitter.